Banky W takes swipe at Adichie over chivalry comment - Welcome To Infotainnet

Welcome To Infotainnet

Inform, Educate, Empower and Inspire

STAY WITH US

ads

Hot

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot
test

Friday 8 June 2018

Banky W takes swipe at Adichie over chivalry comment

Image result for banky w
R&B singer and actor, Banky W, has poked holes in the latest controversial position of celebrated Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie.
Adichie had on Thursday said she has a problem with men getting the door for women in the name of chivalry.
“I think the idea of holding the door for women because she is a woman, I have trouble with it. I am quite happy for people to open the door for me but I hope they are not doing it because of this idea of chivalry,” the ‘Americanah’ author had said.
Reacting via the comment section of a Twitter post, Banky W described Adichie’s stance as “ridiculous”.
He wrote: “Chivalry is done, not because women are a weaker sed – but because some of us just want to be gentlemanly and romantic.
“Apparently, that’s not okay to her, but to me, this is just reaching. I’m sorry but this is now getting a little ridiculous. To each his/her own, I guess.”
The singer also said he disagrees with Adichie’s criticism of Hillary Clinton’s usage of ‘wife’ to start her Twitter bio.
He said: “Obama started his bio with ‘husband’. Each person should be free to focus on/celebrate what’s important to them, in whatever order they feel. Who gives anyone the right to tell me what I should be more proud of, or what I should celebrate at all? My life, my choice.”
A screenshot of Banky W's Twitter post
The actor added that everyone should be entitled to live their lives the way they deem fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot