
The interim manager at Old Trafford has hinted that Manchester United will be making moves in the January window and has vowed he will “have an input” over the club’s transfer dealings.
Part of that process may involve the arrival of new faces during the winter window, and former Norway international Solskjaer is not ruling out a busy month of spending in the new year.
He told reporters at his first press conference on Friday: “I will have an input of course but the job now is to get to know the players, observe them and see the qualities they possess.
“I have seen more or less every game from Norway when I’ve had time. I have to get to know the players, and see what I can help them improve on.
“The club has their recruitment and scouting so I’m sure they’ve got their targets.”
Poor recruitment has played a key role in United’s struggles since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, with a number of big-money signings struggling to make the desired impact on the first-team.
Angel Di Maria, Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez are just some of the world stars who have failed to live up to the hype surrounding them over the last five years, while this summer’s £52 million ($66m) arrival, Fred, has found himself out of the starting XI for much of the campaign.


No comments:
Post a Comment